Why it is important to start of your day with exercise
The single most important factor which results in successful weight loss is to exercise at the start of your day. Every day. Even if it means that on certain days you can only squeeze in a ten minute workout, it will suffice. It is vital that you must do it regularly, day in day out.
What is so special about the mornings?
1. More than 90% of those who undertake a regular exercise regime do so in the morning. So it would seem that the statistics favour those who do it every day first thing in the morning.
2. Exercising first thing in the day tends to give you an advantageous start to your day. It accelerates your metabolic processes and maintains the level for as much as a day. So, you would continue to use up calories right through the day simply by kick starting first thing in the morning.
3. Exercising first thing in the day releases heaps of energy and you feel so much more fit and ready to take on the challenges of your life. Most people say they can see a visible difference on days that they failed to exercise first thing in the morning.
4. Exercising first thing in the day normalizes your appetite making it easier for you to choose to eat healthy. You do not have cravings and your hunger is well under control.
5. Exercising first thing in the day results in adjusting your body clock and regularizing the rhythm of your endocrine and circadian systems. What happens in effect is that a few hours prior to waking up your body has already begun to get ready for the act since it can anticipate the exact time of waking. This has its own set of advantages.
a) Waking up is not such a struggle. If you get up at a different time each day your body is confused and hence it is not ready to get up.
b) Your metabolic processes and hormone production activity related to exercise get high while you are still asleep. So, when you wake up at an uniform time you are more energetic and ready to face the day.
c) Hormones get your body into a state of preparedness for exercising by taking charge of preparing your blood pressure, heart rate, blood flow to muscles, etc. It acts like a warm up.
6. In time, you will find yourself looking forward to the time set aside for exercising. It is high value time devoted to your own well being that will impact your whole self, cleansing your body, mind, and soul. This then becomes a peak time to think and commune with yourself and with God or just to relax and start the day on an even keel.
7. Research has shown that a daily exercise regime improves the mind. The impact can last up to ten hours after the exercise. So, it just does not make sense to throw away so much intelligence on snoring.
8. On the practical side, if you exercise right at the start of the day you can at least be sure that no other distraction that arises in the course of a busy day will make you set aside your exercise regime. When things start to hot up, it is always the exercise that is treated as being dispensable.
9. Once your working day starts it is increasingly difficult to find time to exercise. Hence, if you are serious you should just wake up half an hour to an hour earlier than normal and devote the extra time to exercising. In case you cannot do without your normal quota of sleep, just go to bed that much earlier. In any case as time goes by, you will find that you can get by on much less sleep on account of regular exercising
10. Exercising first thing in the morning will release happy endorphins and make you feel on top of the world.